Director of ECC
Gottesman RTW Academy’s long-term Director of the ECC is retiring June 2017. This vibrant and engaged school is looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring new Director of our Early Childhood Program.
Gottesman RTW Academy (GRTWA), founded in 1967, is located in Randolph NJ on an 18-acre campus with a newly opened 43,000 square foot green building for 21st century learning. GRTWA, accredited by the NJ Association of Independent Schools, demands the highest standards of academic excellence, while instilling values and building character through a challenging integrated general and Judaic studies curriculum. GRTWA is a co-educational Jewish community day school serving children in preschool—eighth grade. Families from all Jewish denominations and observance levels are welcome. Multiple endowed affordability programs are available for all families needing financial support. Gottesman RTW Academy is a vibrant, tight knit community with 130 current families and more than 500 alumni families, many of which continue to be involved in the school.
The Lillie Brandt Early Childhood Center (ECC) offers infant care, mommy and me program and half and full-day programs for children 3 months - 4 years old, providing a nurturing and stimulating environment that concentrates on developing social, emotional, and academic skills and a knowledge of Jewish holidays and traditions. Our Junior Kindergarten program for 4-year-olds offers students constructive learning opportunities that promote critical scholastic skills, positive attitudes, and academic success. Children benefit from the enriched curriculum and methodologies within the framework of our play-oriented program. Jewish traditions, values and holidays are celebrated and woven into the fabric of the school. SMARTBoards and Ipads are in all ECC classrooms for the integration of technology. The ECC offers before- and aftercare and afterschool activities. The Lillie Brandt Early Childhood team is comprised of seasoned teachers who have been with the school for 20+ years.
The Director of the Lillie Brandt ECC is an integral member of the school’s administration team. As one of the first points of contact for young families in the community, the Director must be a passionate and innovative Jewish educator. While focusing on the children, collaborating with teachers and parents, and creating programming and curriculum, the Director must be able to create a vision for the ECC and convey it to the surrounding Greater MetroWest Jewish community. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Report to Head of School
- Nurture the Jewish spiritual and emotional growth of children
- Maintain 21st century learning consistent with the mission, vision and values of the school
- Strategically plan and execute the recruitment and retention of students
- Establish and manage programming, curriculum and overall educational philosophy
- Oversee application process including touring and interviewing prospective parents and assessing students while working with Outreach Coordinator
- Retention of families and facilitating transition into Kindergarten
- Day to day operations of ECC
- Staff hiring, training, development, guidance, supervision and evaluation
- Community building and engagement
- Organization of ECC programs: open house visits, enrichment activities, parent programs, holiday programs and special programming to enrich the ECC
- Maintain consistent communication between staff and parents, administration and Board of Trustees
- Bachelor’s degree in child development or early childhood education
- Master’s degree in child development or early childhood education
- Experience in Jewish early childhood education (3 years minimum)
- Strong written and oral communication
To apply, please send resume to Moshe Vaknin at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always in need of dedicated teachers and teaching assistants to be on-call, day-to-day substitutes, full and/or part day, to fill in when our classroom staff is absent.
- Substitute teachers are needed in ECC through 8th grade, for both Judaic and general subjects.
- A love of children is required
- Previous experience is desirable but not required.
- A minimum of 2 years of college is required, preferably in a related field.
- A teaching certificate/experience is desirable but not required.
- Though you may be called the morning you are needed, we will call you in advance whenever possible.
- You will be asked to submit to a criminal background check and provide proof of legal status to work.
If you are interested in being put on our substitute list or would like more information, please contact Donna Pradith at email@example.com or 973-584-5530, ext 3014.