The Gottesman RTW Academy maintains high standards of academic excellence and nurtures students in an environment infused with the richness of Jewish life.
The Academy inspires intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and personal integrity to enable our students to emerge as lifelong learners, compassionate individuals, and successful members of society who are rooted in their heritage. We integrate technology, the arts, culture, and environmentalism into our children's curriculum, in order to have more well-rounded students.
Individualized instruction is not just a goal at GRTWA, but a reality. The middle school math program includes an accelerated component and social studies curriculum includes an intensive research-based and current event focus. Our three science teachers collaborate with one another to offer all ECC - 8th grade students innovative science projects.
Language Arts, Math, Science (Makers Movement as part of the Stem Program), Social Studies, Health, Music and Art. We have a state of the art science lab, weather station, Ipads, and Smart Boards in every classroom.
A solid foundation in the Hebrew language, sacred text study (Torah, Prophets/Tanach), culture, history, traditions, and religious practices of the Jewish people. Our students feel a bond with Israel through our instruction on Israeli history, the celebration of Israeli holidays, and involvement in Israel community-related projects, as well as weekly visits by Israeli students.
These dual programs are supplemented by extra-curricular activities including after-school athletics, clubs, and community service. Extended school days (before and aftercare) are also available.
We invite you to browse our curriculum for each age group and feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
- General Studies: Dr. Cheryl Bahar, Dean of General Studies, 973-584-5530, ext 3011, email@example.com
- Judaic Studies: Moshe Vaknin, Head of School, 973-584-5530, ext 3021, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Childhood: Ricki Rubin, Director, Lillie Brandt Early Childhood Center, 973-584-5530, ext. 3017, email@example.com
The Gottesman RTW Academy features three exceptional Prep Programs which bridge our academic divisions and beyond. These programs provide our students with both the skills and confidence to make smooth transitions during these critical growth years.
Lower School Prep Program/Junior Kindergarten
- Seamlessly connects the Early Childhood and Lower School curriculums
- Cultivates learning, risk-taking, and self-esteem through play experiences
- Includes reading, writing, math, music, and art as well as social-emotional development
- Facilitates hands-on science themes with the Lower School science faculty
- Offers expanded Hebrew language experiences
- Features integration of JK classes with Kindergarten classes
- Provides options for half-day and full-day programs
Middle School Prep Program/Fifth Grade
- Connects the Lower School and Middle School curriculums
- Provides a capstone year for the Lower School academic foundation
- Includes beginning outlining and note-taking skills
- Teaches organizational and study strategies
- Promotes advanced writing
- Offers math enrichment
- Develops problem-solving abilities and explores creativity in the arts
High School Prep Program/Eighth Grade
- Connects the Middle School and future High School curriculums
- Teaches advanced study skills
- Provides small group instruction and an individualized program
- Offers Spanish as a third language
- Develops imaginative and reflective thinking skills in the arts
- Highlights social action/community service projects
- Includes a two-week educational trip to Israel